Having purchased "Out West" by the wonderful Gomez (a while back, just been a bit too lazy to appreciate it), who in my opimion are probably one of Britain's most underrated bands and all I can say is go out and buy it. Without sounding like a complete sycophant it really is a breath of fresh considering the state of the top 40 these days. Ok so it's a live album and other than covers of Nick Drake's "Black Eyed Dog" and Tom Waits "Going out West" there are no new tracks but it's just fantastic. The combination of the different vocals from the genious's (spelling is incorrect) who are Tom, Ben and Ian (obviously not forgetting the talents of Olly and Sol, apologies if I have missed anyone) is enough to keep the musical buds entertained. The live DVD is excellant, although why is it that Americans never seem to enjoy gigs, they just seem to stand there, smile and clap every now and then. Strange.
I'm starting to feel the need for food and must eat.
I'm starting to feel the need for food and must eat.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home