boomadness

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Ma-in-law likes a tipple . . .

I had my ma-in-law around last night and watched her get slightly merry. My ma-in-law is a great woman, and I am extremely lucky in that we actually get on really well,
she's been through so much and is an incredibly strong and independent lady and I just admire her. Anyway, I love it when older people drink, they never get drunk (yeah right!!) and are always right! It was mint to watch the ma in law get tipsy, especially watching her tell herself off and then hoping that no one had noticed her talking to herself. It's not often I get to observe people under influence while I am in a sober state and last night well, it was funny, so funny that my husband and I had to hold off the laughter until the taxi had pulled away and then behind closed doors we both collapsed in a huge heap of laugher with tears streaming down both our faces (well, mine mainly but my man was very close). It's not often my lovely in law lets her hair down and it was great to see someone who is so prim and proper having a good time. I must call andsee how her head is, hopefully not to sore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home